Friday, November 15, 2013

Get the F#*@(!ck Out of Here You Asshole

And thus that's how my yesterday began.  I was in my office (as I usually am) at 9 in the morning taking my weekly blood pressure reading.  (I kid you not.)  At that time in the morning, day workers are gone, kids have been picked up for school, the block is very quiet.  I glance up to see a skinny hoodie standing in my back yard looking at my bicycle.  I bust out the door sans shoes (which I leave outside) and scream, "Get the F#*@(!ck Out of Here You Asshole!" and in my stocking feet take off after the kid who, mirabile dictu, was long gone before I could get to the end of the driveway.

It is rare that my Inner Tigress comes out.  That has always been so; I can be preturnaturally passive and I know it.  In the last 20 years my aggression has mostly been wasted on take-no-prisoner arguments with Husband No. 1.  (A futile enterprise if ever there was one.)  Anyway, she surged yesterday morning and I hope I made that kid shit his pants a little bit and tell his buddies to stay out of that yard because that old lady will Fuck.  You.  Up.

It wasn't about the bicycle.  I've lost more things from theft and carelessness than many people have owned.  It was the the presumptuousness of coming into my domain without my explicit permission.

I am not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment