Saturday, December 28, 2013

Women of a Certain Art: Simi Linton & INVITATION TO DANCE - Trailer 2013

   Long ago in a shining city far away I made an opera with Bill T. Jones and Leroy Jenkins.  While doing that I met two of the artists who danced in the piece,  Edisa Weeks and Homer Avila.  We became friends.  Then years later Homer Avila introduced me to his friend, disability activist, scholar, dancer and memoirist, Simi Linton.  Then Simi and I became friends.  We used to see a fair amount of each other.  In Central Park and Koreatown.  Then she started making a movie.  And I moved here.  Our 3D relationship is now 2D.  But whatcha gonna do?  Above is the trailer for Simi and Christian von Tippelskirch's work.

Check out the blog, Invitation to Dance, and look for the film to premiere in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment