Monday, January 27, 2014

I Got Nothin'

As you may have surmised, the interlude between posts has almost everything to do with the fact that I am not writhing in the crucible of Mathematics these days.  By comparison, the things I consider on a daily basis -- death and taxes -- haven't driven me mad enough to post.  Or more accurately, they are both too personal to post about.  Yet.

So, not much in the bloggage department, but in that way I'm not much different than the bloggers I follow.  The scandals come.  The scandals go.  The President has a SOTU speech?  Well, suh, as my grandmother used to say.

It has been a bitter season.  Short of a pair of snow pants I have enough coat hat glove sweater scarf boots to protect me and even I have found excuses not to go out much.  My gym membership has lapsed and I haven't picked up anything heavier than a carton of half 'n half for a month.  By choice and aptitude I am at home a lot pushing the peas of creative ideas around my plate.  I spend my time trying to stay ahead of the freezing cold which infects our plumbing so that there has been many a morning where you can't flush if you wanted to.  I share my yard with a very hairy skunk.  Just like me its coat has become thicker and whiter, but at least I don't fart when I'm terrified.  So, if we are in the yard at the same time (even at night I can spot her traipsing around on the snow) I cut her a wide berth and she extends me the same courtesy.  Occasionally she gets into it with a friendly neighborhood feral cat and I'll be sitting here watching some British thriller (my preferred oeuvre du jour) while trying to filter out the hissing, howling, banging and scratching right behind me.  If I ever hear shots fired I'll call Animal Control, but until then let the best mammal win.


No comments:

Post a Comment