Saturday, April 20, 2013

Women of a Certain Art: Shelley Hainer

We are all many things; not all at once and sometimes not for long.  But some things that we are, we are.  I moved to New York when I was 37.  I thought of moving there for years, and though it wasn't an inevitable migration; when I did in 1990 I knew I'd come home.  New York is the people I know, the artists I worked with and the friendships we made.  I'm here, they're there still doing the work.  I celebrate my friends.

Today I share Shelley Hainer -- poet, headhunter, seeker, dancer, actress, impresario.  She founded Bamboo Jacket in 2008.





1 comment:

  1. My dear heart Ann, You've been on my mind-heart for several days and this morning I thought to pick up the phone, now just back from Insight Meditation Society from a week long retreat. While I am amazed to find you honoring me on your blog at all, in particular right now, I marvel (again, and again) at the one great mind-heart we share and the synchronicity of our thought waves. Sweet friend, you are loved!

    ReplyDelete