Saturday, September 15, 2012

Just Me, the Books and the Spiders

Blogging has been sporadic as fall and school descend.  Another September, another mind-boggling math course.  This time, Foundations of Mathematics, which seemed innocuous enough until the professor said that "it is the bridge between lower mathematics, e.g., Calculus (I kid you not) and higher mathematics".  I think I blacked out for a minute.  So, you ask why I'm doing this when my life could be so much more comfortable?

This is why:  a Mother Jones piece, “Everything You’ve Heard About Failing Schools Is Wrong,” by Kristina Rizga.  As a supplement you can listen to her terrific interview on Bob Edwards Weekend.

That's it for now.  I am temporarily living alone for the first time in 31 years.  Husband No. 1 is with his family, Beloved Niece and her mother moved out and I share the house with dying spiders and wasps.  It's great and I sometimes wonder if I'll croak like a frog when I do use my voice because other than a phone call or a meeting I don't talk much.  (At school I'm so old I'm virtually radioactive so no one engages me.)  This interlude reminds me that I'm an introvert with good social skills; this precious time allows me to be more of myself.  I hope to make the most of it.  Ciao, I'm off to Harlem for a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment